Sunday, May 02, 2010

The Takedown, The world, and my guitar.

If you're reading this, don't.

Whenever I see you now,
I feel really down,
Because we went from "It's cool how we can start a conversation like that."
to "I just have nothing to say to you."
From a friendship of a measly five out of ten,
To a negligible zero.

I've never felt so strongly for someone before,
And I've never striven so hard for someone's affection.
I have never confessed my feelings to anyone,
And I've never felt so taken down over a single someone.
Perhaps my feelings are immature and ungrounded,
Maybe that's why I feel so easily hurt.


After Feburary Fourteenth, 
I think you tried to keep things as normal as possible,
But this boy here didn't do much to help with maintaining the status quo,
And so things inevitably fell apart.

I suppose the reason why you're refusing to talk to me is to get me to do the following:
1) Get over it.
2) Focus on my studies.
3) Stop spending time and resources on you.
4) Stop getting hurt.

I'd really rather you didn't,
Especially since it kinda defeats it's own purpose.
You've only made me think more about it if anything.
I'd much rather go back one step.
But of course, the best, 
To me, is to go back to square four,
When everyone was happy.

I used to want you as more than a friend,
But right now, all I want is normalcy,
For whatever that's making everything so awkward be gone.
That it'll be okay to typer hyper messages again.
But the thing that's making everything awkward,
Is me.