Sunday, February 13, 2011

I know sorry's not enough...

Today, I was going places.
But along the rows of shops at Tanjong Pagar MRT station, I noticed a note with a bible verse on it.

And it doesn't really seem like any version of the bible that I've seen before.
Maybe the person memorized the phrase wrongly.

But even though it looks like it was randomly placed there,
I somehow felt it was genuinely meant for me.

If you can't really make out the words, here's what it says:
(The words in brackets are the missing parts)

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient, love is kind.
Love is not jealous or boastful, or proud or rude.
Love does not demand its way.
Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged.
[It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.]
Love never gives up,
[never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.]

For that special someone, I'm sorry that I hurt you.
I'm not a perfect person, especially given what I said.
Please be happy. And despite what's going to happen, you're still my only one.
Smile :)